About Me

My photo
I'm a Mother, Army wife, Nurse, and aspiring Chef / Baker depending on the day. I love my life as crazy as it is sometimes and wouldn't change a single thing.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dogtags? Nope.. towels.

When you think of soldiers what do you automatically think of?

Uniforms, combat boots, tanks, and dogtags. Not me. I think of towels.

As I sat cross legged on the couch watching my secret obsession Flipping Out, I casually folded towels hardly paying attention to what I was doing.

I look down and I see "Weller XXXX" (the Xs were the last 4 of his social). It dawned on me at that moment I was living the Army lifestyle.

Of course I have been for the past 4 1/2 yrs and as with any other lifestyle, you get used to it. It becomes the norm and you find yourself not realizing you are any different than any number of Americans.

Tonight jolted me back into the knowledge that I live a uniquly special life that with all it's ups and downs, I'm grateful for.

My  husband leaves for long periods of time for training and deployments, not to mention the long hours at the office but you know what? I love it.

I love the feeling of accomplishment when I am able to handle car mishaps, AC repair, or even the excitement of plowing through each day as a mother of two very active kids.

I love  moving often. I am seeing so many new places, and people (not always a good thing :P).

I love seeing my husband salute the flag and tear up when I see him advance more and more in a career he believes in and loves.

I love the challenges this lifestyle has presented me with that I have conquered each and every time.

 And I love seeing my husband's name and last 4 of his social on my towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment